Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happiest Places to Live List! (or best and worst places to live?)

Gallup just reported on their "Gallup- Healthways Well-Being Index" from 2010. This was a telephone survey (yes think of the ramifications of that...) which measures 'well being'. Areas of well-being included self evaluation, emotional health, work environment, physical health, healthy behavior and basic access to care, exercise and community life. Here is a link to the story:
http://www.livescience.com/13100-happiest-states-gallup-survey.html

Hawaii came in first place! That sounds wonderful to me... I just heard they had a need for Psych APRN's there! Grab that job - the beaches, sunshine and everything else I imagine about Hawaii do sound wonderful! Other states that made the top 10: Wyoming - having visited there the past couple of summers, I do agree that it would be a very cool place to live. Alaska was number 4... Colorado 5.

As for the 'worst' (or as Jeanna Bryner, author tactfully identifies, The bottom 10 states) West Virginia and Kentucky were the first two.

It surprised me that Connecticut would be number 9 in the 10 best list... mainly because we really don't get very much sunshine here in CT... and I really do notice that... However maybe CT made it due to the kinds of access we have here, the number of folks with advanced education... and perhaps good jobs? I don't know... of course I would love to see that data!

No comments:

Post a Comment